WHAT: Bay Area Saturday Dialogue for white racial justice activists
Here's a little about what we'll be doing at our November event:
Guest facilitator Holly Fulton will be joining us to talk about The Healing Process in our Journeys Around White Awareness, and sharing examples from her experiences with "Traces of the Trade" and "Coming to the Table." Coming to the Table is a program addressing the legacies and aftermaths of slavery by facing history, healing wounds, making connections and taking action.
WHO: White-Identified People
- who want to talk about issues of race, racism, privilege, white identity and liberationist ideas!
- who want a community of white racial justice activists!
- who want to invite other white folx to join in conversations about racial justice!
* see "Why An All-White Space?"
WHEN: Saturday, November 19, 2011 1:00pm to 4:00pm
WHERE: Niebyl Proctor Library [wheelchair accessible]
6501 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA 94609-1113WHY:
- Bring our anti-racism work into a collaborative community.
- Discuss whiteness and our role as white people in the fight against racism.
- Build awareness and personal skills to support our racial justice work
FOR MORE INFO or to RSVP to save your spot at SaturdayDialogues@gmail.com.
We appreciate your support of this work and welcome your donations to help sustain our development.
P.S. The December 8th Book Group has been postponed.