At California Institute of Integral Studies
April 21 - Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome, with Dr. Joy DeGruy
April 22 - Slavery's Legacy: A workshop on Intergenerational Trauma and Healing
This series features ground-breaking dialogues with leading scholars, psychotherapists and shamanic practitioners dealing with the residual effects of historical trauma on Native and African American communities and other under-served communities. The series will explore current clinical findings and scientific research and raise questions such as:
* What is intergenerational trauma?
* How does it manifest in particular groups?
* How do historic systems of oppression impact modern health?
* Is trans-generational trauma one of the causative factors in the alteration of gene expression?
* What are some of the healing modalities and practices from indigenous and Western traditions?